The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix SSL issues for cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MattDeox, Jun 29, 2014.

1. MattDeox

MattDeox Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've purchased a SSL certificate from Thawte for my main domain and I assigned the certificate to the domain via cPanel.

I can access my website through https:// with no problems but when I try to access cPanel through https://domain.com:2083 Google chrome throws me a warning page "The site's security certificate is not trusted!"

I guess at that page a cpanel self-signed certificate is shown to the browser. How can I fix it so that my purchased SSL certificate is also used for cpanel so the error goes away?

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    Your being redirected to your servers hostname SSL which is common practise as most clients don't have SSL. You can change this by going to WHM>>>Tweak settings, type in the search box "redirection" to see the list of redirect options available to you.

3. SS-Maddy

SS-Maddy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel Self Signed Cert is the reason for the pop up. If you wish to avoid this, you need to purchase an SSL for the "hostname" not for the domain and get it installed.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can install a SSL certificate with the hostname of the server for each service via:

"WHM Home » Service Configuration » Manage Service SSL Certificates"

Then, in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings", under "Redirection", you can enable SSL redirection and ensure "SSL redirect destination" is set to Hostname or SSL Certificate Name.

Thank you.