The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixing dns

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mimosa7, Mar 14, 2007.

1. mimosa7

mimosa7 Registered

Hi there, i need some help just to make sure im starting on the right foot please.

i have a dedicated server with Cpanel/WHM that i just bought 10 days ago. But im really not familiar with WHM and after consulting all the documentation about dns on it, i still cant fix some stuff.

when i bought the dedicated, i receive 3 IPs (1 primary and 2 secondary). My goal is to sell hosting services to clients and resellers as well.

i want to use those 2 secondary for creating accounts (clients). ive already create into my registrar ns1.mymaindomain.com and ns2.mymaindomain.com with those 2 secondary IPs and install them in WHM as well. But everytime i create a new account with the automatic assign Ip, it use the primary IP and not one of those too. I know that on Main Shared Virtual Host IP, i put the primary IP. So it this ok or i shouldn/t do that ? Also, the primary IP is considered as an Sharing IP and the 2 seconday are considering as dedicated IP. It should be the opposite right ? dont know how to fix that

i want my clients to use one of the 2 secondary ip when i create their account and not primary IP unless u tell me its ok (i dont know). but i want to use on mymaindomain.com another dedicated IP because i want it to use SSL on it.

So im confuse and i dont know if i set up everything correctly.

Can someone help me and tell me if my dns configurations are ok or do i need to modify something ?

Thank you

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

This is one that would take longer to explain than to just simply fix it ...

Seems to me like you also don't realize that your shared hosting accounts
    and your primary DNS server address can use the same IP address.

Basically, you just need to set one particular option in "Tweak Settings" to
    allow the sharing of nameserver IP addresses.

Contact me and I'll give you a hand with that.