The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing Urchin(How to)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cguimont, Oct 13, 2004.

1. cguimont

cguimont Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have had multiple problems with urchin with accounts. As if you run the stats manually for a certain domain, it will **** up everything and it won't show the stats anymore. Then, another problem was that the stats wouldn't show. There would be nothing when i was loading urchin.cgi.

So I fix for that was I just removed a urchin folder as fallow:

mv /home/xxx/tmp/urchin /home/xxx/tmp/urchin-bckp

and that fixed everything.

If you have any questions, just msgh me.. I might be able to help.

2. bzchi

bzchi Registered

There is a major problem with this, your past Urchin information is lost. So when this problem recurs every 6 weeks or so because of heavy Urchin load you lose all your retrospective logs because Urchin can't take the heat and you are moving your logs out of Urchins reach.

I have been trying to 'fix' this problem for a while now, I have found this solution but it is more a 'blat everything and start again' than a fix.

I currently have a domlog that refuses to process that is now 270 meg. Urchin is just not playing nice with this account and stats stopped on a specific day.

I am trying to find more people with the same issue so I can confirm this is a problem. Most people find it hits the higher load domains on their boxes, and all the other logs run fine, just one large traffic site dies.

For full details on what I have tried to remedy this head over:
    http://forums.servermatrix.com/viewtopic.php?t=11306

If anyone has found a solution please let me know.

Thanks

-bzchi

#2 bzchi, Nov 10, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  3. mooony

mooony Well-Known Member

Hi,

I had this problem as well. I found that there was a problem with the log file. I delete the from the log file the day that was giving me problems. Then I deleted only the files in tmp/urchin/data/reports/domainname/200411-*. After this ran /scripts/runweblogs.

After this I had no more problems with urchin. The log files for this site get as big 1.4 GB.

Ronald