The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fixquota just for one account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bidouilleur, Feb 21, 2005.

1. bidouilleur

bidouilleur Well-Known Member

The title says it all basically

I have a server with many accounts on it and rather busy so load is steadily around .8 on dual xeon prcessors. I have one account going over his disk allocated space though there is nothing at all on that account except the basic creation files.

i ran a fixquota yesterday which almost killed the server with huge loads (apache and mysql failed as usual when running this) but this one account isn't fixed

Now as a gereral question, can you make it so to run a fixquota on one account ? Maybe not via the script since it is a general script to run all the accounts in batch and I don't want to mess up that scropt lol

maybe via some linux commands ???? Think other server admins have been in the same situation or will be... an since I'm not yet a a confirmed linuxer ;)

appreciate your help.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIK, No. To repair broken quotas you need to recreate quota.user/aquota.user files which requires the running of quotacheck (which is what the script runs). The /scripts/fixquotas does this correctly for you (disabling quotas, running quotacheck, enabling quotas) and so that is what you need to use.

There's no way round the load that it generates by the very nature of what it is doing. If the load is causing performance issues, then you'll simply have to schedule a job to run the script overnight, or whenever your server is most lightly used (being careful not to run it when your backups are running).