v100.0.11

Jose Vindas

Registered
Mar 17, 2022
Costa Rica
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I explain my problem.

In my company several people have to have the same email. all good with that could be because but I require that the folders be synchronized so it has to be imap for the 117 email account.

The problem is that the reading from one account to another is synchronized. I know that it is natural in imap, but I don't know if there is a way to deactivate the reading status as before, it could be done in pop with the flag.

I tried to search the forum but similar questions were not answered. regards

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm not completely sure I understand the situation - you mention 117 accounts, but you also mention the users are accessing the same email. Do you have 117 users accessing the same email account from different locations?

Jose Vindas

Registered
Mar 17, 2022
Costa Rica
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I'm not completely sure I understand the situation - you mention 117 accounts, but you also mention the users are accessing the same email. Do you have 117 users accessing the same email account from different locations?
those would be the total accounts

of them there are 15 people who have to have access to other accounts example

sales1
You must have the billing, accounting and remittance email.

but if the sales user1 reads a remittance email and the other users see it as read.

the problem is that it may be unintentional or not that they read it and it may be that said email was for sales10

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the clarification. That isn't really the intended use of the mail system. Could the user not mark it as unread so the next user can see it if they accidentally click that? That would likely be the best way to handle those.

Jose Vindas

Registered
Mar 17, 2022
Costa Rica
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the clarification. That isn't really the intended use of the mail system. Could the user not mark it as unread so the next user can see it if they accidentally click that? That would likely be the best way to handle those.
If I really understand what you are telling me. but the requirement that a supervisor can see manage and create folders is required of me. but they are marked as read.

dovecot had the famous flag for pop3 but I don't know if there is any similar configuration in imap and avoid the update of status by the client.

rather thank you very much for your attention

Vecoen

Oct 4, 2021
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So if some people have to check on multiple accounts, why not settle a forwarder for those accounts to go to that people, let me explain:

If sales1 has to check on sales1, billing and accounting but those accounts already have a user, set a forwarder for those accounts to send a copy of the mail to sales1 and then the final user can filter his mail as he please whitout bothering the other coworkers.

Reactions: cPRex