The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash file (.swf) detected as text/x-generic instead of application/x-shockwave-flash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ExCelciuS, Jul 2, 2010.

1. ExCelciuS

ExCelciuS Registered

Hi, I have uploaded a flash file, call it "movie.swf" which has a preloader and tested work. Then I checked this file via file manager in cPanel, and found that its type (MIME-type) was "text/x-generic". My question is, why its ("movie.swf") MIME-type which is a flash file and ended with ".swf" extension recognized as "text/x-generic" by cPanel instead of "application/x-shockwave-flash"? Because I have a problem with the preloader, the preloader not begin from 1% but it shows up random value which I don't understand from where it get that value.

I've searched informations on the internet about this, it seems caused by MIME-type which should be recognized as "application/x-shockwave-flash" by cPanel.

I have checked MIME-type on cPanel and "application/x-shockwave-flash" is on the list of System MIME-type.

So, what's wrong? Do you know how to make cPanel recognizes flash file with "application/x-shockwave-flash" MIME-type and not "text/x-generic"?

Thanks. Hope you reply.

#1 ExCelciuS, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010