The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folder not displaying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyrusli, Jul 6, 2006.

1. cyrusli

cyrusli Member

It's never happened to me before, did a search on google and on the forums here, no luck.

I created a new account for hosting (we're a small hosting company), the account created fine through web hosting manager, we can access it through cPanel. My problem is when I try to connect to the new account through FTP, it can't find the folder for the new account; so I logged in through admin on our end and the new folder doesnt show up on the file manager either. All the other accounts and websites show up except for this new one. I tried to delete it and recreated it, the problem remains. Has anyone experience this problem before? Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,
    Cyrus

2. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Are you saying that you cannot get a directory listing when connecting via FTP, or that a specific folder you're looking for isn't showing up?

3. cyrusli

cyrusli Member

sorry, let me clearify.

I used WHM to create a new account for one of our clients, everything works fine until I try to connect through FTP to upload their data. The entire directory does nto show up in FTP or in my admin account under File Manager. But I can access the new account with root. If that helps?..sorry i'm weak with the terminology..

Cyrus

4. garrettp

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    When logged in via root (SSH I presume), if you do an 'ls -l' on the directory does it show the files/subdiretories as being owned by the user which the account was setup for? If so, I would check for a proper entry in your /etc/passwd:

Code:
    grep <username> /etc/passwd
    You should see something like /home/<username> as the 6th entry on the line followed by a shell such as /bin/bash or /usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell.

5. cyrusli

cyrusli Member

ookay..what i meant by root is when i log on to cpanel with my company account and then make my way to their account through "Manage another account". I don't have access (to my knowledge) to configure the server. We are going through a provider to sell our service.

Cyrus

6. cyrusli

cyrusli Member

**BUMP**..anyone else have any ideas?.. i need to get this guy and his website running, but i can't upload anything to it because it doesnt exist..help..:(

7. garrettp

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    It's beyond me how you created an account without access to WHM. Even resellers should have access to this. If this isn't your dedicated machine, I would suggest taking it up with the company you're hosting with; they will have root access and should be able to diagnose and/or fix it for you better than we could without root.

8. cyrusli

cyrusli Member

i have tried to contact them..they're slow..but anywys, thanks for the headsup..its kinda limited on what I can actually do here i guess.. thanks for your time.