The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folder Permissions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpac87, Jan 13, 2009.

1. jpac87

jpac87 Registered

I'm running wordpress and can't seem to find a way using the https to change my CHMOD so that I can upload photos. I remember doing this a couple of years ago using the cpanel when I was running phpbb, but just can't seem to figure out how to get access to the CHMOD. Can anyone help with this, its something that would honestly make me consider a way to trash the cpanel and just use a straight ftp because I don't think I really need the cpanel anymore.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you've got an FTP client, login to your account, find the folder you want to change permissions on, right click and choose chmod. If you're using the new File Manager in your cPanel, find the folder you want to change permissions on and right click and choose change permissions.

If you're unsure how to do any of this, you should be contacting your host.

3. jpac87

jpac87 Registered

I connect via the https, which looks just like explorer when you access an ftp site, except it doesn't have the options for change permissions or anything like that. When I right click, I get the basic folder options you get as if you right clicked my documents or any other folder on your computer. I would like to get it onto an ftp, but I remember having issues last time I tried.

4. jpac87

jpac87 Registered

Nevermind, I figured it out.