Dan Lester

Dec 7, 2017
Austin TX
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
cPanel seems to list the size of a folder as the folder itself, and not what's in it. All of my folders are listed as 4K in size, no matter how much is in them. That's kinda dumb. Is there some way to get cPanel to display actual folder sizes? I believe at one time there was a Disk Space Usage tool,but I can't find it anymore.

cPanelWilliam

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2018
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello! It is common for directories to show as 4kb in size because this is the size of the file for the directory, but it does not take into account the file size of everything inside the directory. Please note that File Manager does not show the size of the contents of the directory. To get this information, you will need to view the Disk Usage function in cPanel. If this feature isn't available inside of your cPanel, it may need to be enabled within the Feature Manager in WHM. Just in case it helps, I'll include the following resources below:

How to determine cPanel user disk usage

How to determine server disk space usage

Reactions: Dreamwebhosts

Dan Lester

Dec 7, 2017
Austin TX
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks. I guess that Disk Usage function will suffice, but it really seems a little dumb to call out a 4K size for a directory that has a load in it. Why even bother?