The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footer text colour

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by TomBullock, Jun 13, 2011.

1. TomBullock

TomBullock Active Member

Could anyone tell me where I could find the CSS file to edit the font colour for the cPanel footer?
    On the attached screenshot, you can see that it is a little difficult to read the white text against the white/grey background.
    Im using the x3 theme.

Any help appreciated.

cPanel Footer.png

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Using the plugin for Firefox called Firebug you can locate most anything you need. With those details, changing those font colors is pretty easy using the Branding Editor in cPanel.

Of course you don't want to be editing a default theme, instead cloning one and then edit that one, is preferred. ;)

Selecting the style you wanted to edit in the Branding Editor, click Edit Style. Next Click Edit Style Sheet.

Now, just for fun, and also assuming this file is showing as empty for you, paste this in there and save the file.

Code:
    a {
        color:red;
        text-decoration: none;
    }
    a:hover {
        color:red;
        text-decoration: underline;
    }

Once you've saved that change, reset yourself to that style. cPanel > Change Style > Switch Style to "whatever yours is called here" click that. Now go back to the main page and all links should be red.

Whatever you place in that file as mentioned, over rides the default css stuff. So, you need to know what it is you want to over ride and just add it to that file.

I've attached a screenshot of firebug with one of those footer links highlighted. You'll note on the bottom right corner of the image is the actual CSS and it says its (those two example lines I posted above) is being called from the combined_optimized.css file

Attached Files:

3. TomBullock

TomBullock Active Member

Thank you!
    I'll give it a try :)

4. tallmorgan

tallmorgan Registered

Hey if you're using Google Chrome, you can also right click and do "Inspect element..." then follow the crumbs at the bottom (i.e. div.postdetails div.postbody)