cPanel & WHM Version
86.0 (build 40)

PFKUMMEL

Registered
Sep 6, 2021
Coral Gables
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have recently been trying to start displaying my webpage, and I have added by HTML and CSS files to the public html folder on my cpanel root folder, and whenever I head to the url of the webpage, I receive this error message
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I was wondering if I could get any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! You may need to contact your hosting provider to have them check the issue, but there are still some things you can check on your end.

You can check the cPanel >> Errors page in your panel to see if the 403 is shown there. If it is, it could point you to a file with invalid permissions that is causing the error. You can also check your directories and files to make sure all directories are 755 permissions and all files are 644, as anything other than that can cause errors.

If that doesn't work, or doesn't give you enough detail to resolve the issue, you'll need to speak with your hosting provider or datacenter to have them check the main Apache error log and see the cause of the issue.