The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forbidden errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kcdworks, Oct 8, 2002.

1. kcdworks

kcdworks Well-Known Member

One of my resellers suddenly cannot create any directories under public_html and have them function. They are created just fine, but then give a forbidden error when you try to access them. Additionally, his main domain is doing the same thing &You don't have permission to view / on this server&

Interestingly, he's the only customer on a new production server, which is running redhat 7.2 with the latest version of WHM/CPanel.

I've checked everything I can think of, and still cannot find anything that will help. I've even re-installed apache, thinking there might be an issue there. Anyone have a clue?

I can provide URLs if neccessary, and a username/password if anyone thinks they can help.

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Does he have an index file in these directories? Do you have directory browsing turned off? That's what this seems like.

3. kcdworks

kcdworks Well-Known Member

There is an index file in one of the directories giving a problem (so he says, I'm awaiting the response with his password), and the other is a redirect directory, which is not redirecting. It simply gives the 403 error.

any ideas would be appreciated, sorry for my slow response.

4. sv1

sv1 Well-Known Member

I'm haveing this same problem with 3 or 4 newly transfered accounts.