Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Forbidden Problem :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gokhan1211, Jun 16, 2006.

1. gokhan1211

gokhan1211 Member

Hello. My server the below be found problem there. :confused: (english bad fault look at)

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 gokhan1211, Jun 16, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

do you have mod_security installed on your server? If yes, check on the audit_log for your mod_security. Also check on the error_log of apache to get more details.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

From what I see in the attached image, it is a permission problem. Set the correct permission on /forum/bora and you should be fine.

4. gokhan1211

gokhan1211 Member

a lot of thanks become

5. jrozycki

jrozycki Member

I get the same Forbidden but compose.php is the file mentioned. I did a test message and immediately after getting the error checked the error logs and found this.

[Mon Oct 2 23:29:56 2006] [error] [client 71.234.231.41] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match ".*([Cc][Cc]|[B
    b][Cc][Cc]|[Tt][Oo])[[:space:]]*\\\\:.*\\\\@" at ARGS_VALUES("body") [hostname "www.digitalpublishers.com"] [uri "/sqm/src/compose
    .php"]

Not sure how to fix this. I have squirrelmail installed outside of cpanel. Same message does not error off when I use the 3rdparty cpanel version. I have the separate installation since I did not like the cpanel webmail login procedure.

Thanks,
    Jeff

6. rsaylor

rsaylor Well-Known Member

if you have a .htaccess file make sure that is not the blame. I had the same issue with a customer domain and there .htaccess was causing the issue.

7. jugo

jugo Active Member

You can disable mod_security on your vBulletin installation by adding this to the directory it is installed on:

in the .htacces file add

Code:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

I suggest doing this in the admincp directory only and securing your admincp directory with .htaccess. Although vBulletin is really really good with plugging the "once in a blue moon" security holes they encounter, you can't have too much security. And if you're like me and feel comfortable enough with vBulletin, you can disable mod_security in the forum's directory as well.

:D

8. meweb

meweb Well-Known Member

Exactly, A Very perfect Answer :)

9. saeeded

saeeded Registered

Thankyou so much !
    when i do submit form (kind of forms to submit yourself) show forbidden error like above attached images, when i asked my hosting admin he dosent know what dose accidence.
    after search alot o the NET advers in your topic and you currectly mension to that problom.
    Thankyou and i hope you have happy new year.