Operating System & Version
Linux

fearlest

Apr 25, 2022
Győr
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello.
Today I wanted to install Wordpress. However, I am greeted with a Forbidden window in the very first menu of the installation.
The permissions of the folders and files are ok and I deleted the .htaccess file.
After a few hours of trying on my own I would appreciate if someone could help me.
Thank you very much!

1650919368362.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! A 403 error is usually almost always related to permissions on the files or directories. Although the setup-config.php file may have the correct permisisons and ownership, it is possible that wp-admin doesn't. Can you ensure that directory is owned by the cPanel username and has 755 permissions?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If the permissions and ownership on the WordPress files are normal, I don't have a good explanation for why that is happening. It would be best to have your host check the settings on the system to see why that is happening as your troubleshooting will be more limited without root access.

anton_latvia

PartnerNOC
May 11, 2004
Latvia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
there can be various reasons. Don't think issue is with "wordpress" itself. Can be bad permission/owner on PHP files, on folder. There can be some rules or issues with lines .htaccess. the problem can be trivial, but you need to give more details - like list of files with username and group, info about .htaccess files and so on. It's not cPanel related.

Reactions: cPRex