The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force awstats to run (is it possible)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dasonix, Jul 24, 2007.

1. dasonix

dasonix Member

hi all,

I have had to roll back to ver 10 from ver 11 of WHM/CPanel as AWstats was not running.

All other domains on the server have now updated there stats except the most important one. the logs arnt HUGE for that domain but it will have about 7000+ unique Ip's to add to the stats as its been over a month since it updated last.

Is there a way to force it to run until it is complete no matter how much load it put on the server (i'm not a host so dont have to worry about other customers on the server)

i have tried the scripts/runlogsnow or whatever it is script and tried the update now button from inside cpanel but it still wont update :( as cpanel kills the script after about 80 seconds or gives me a error that its maxed the server out for so many hrs. I have even upped the cpu count as per e-mail destructions but still no joy

So is it possible to force an update or could there be a underlying problem that is stopping it from running e.g. damaged log files etc ? and if so can it be fixed? I dont mind loosing a few days worth of logs but I would really like to keep as much info as possible.

any advice would be wonder full

TY

2. Bailey

Bailey Well-Known Member

Sure.

One, go back to cPanel 11.
    The 10 => 11 upgrade here has nothing to do with it. Not a thing. In fact, cPanel 11 gives you a ton MORE functionality than you have with 10. So re-up to 11. Here's how to do it to make sure everything goes okay:

(a) Go to root WHM > Server Configuration > Update Config and select "Automatic (RELEASE tree)" or "Automatic (CURRENT tree)" and then SAVE.

(b) SSH in to your server as root.

(c) Type:

/scripts/upcp --force

Let the whole shebang run. When it's finished, it'll now be on cPanel 11. Good job. :)

Type

logout

Two, next task is to fix that load issue.
    In your root WHM, go to Server Configuration > Tweak Settings. We need to modify two things here.

• Look for Stats and Logs / Allow users to update Awstats from cPanel -- CHECK this box.
    • Same section (Stats and Logs) / The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0): ... set this to 5
    • Double check that Number of days between processing log files and bandwidth usage ... should be 1
    • Finally, look for Status / The load average that will cause the server status to appear red (leave blank for default): ... set it to 5

Scroll to the bottom and click Save.

Three, test.
    Login to your account's cPanel. Go to AWStats. At the top of the AWStats window, it will tell you when the last time the stats were updated. To the right should be a link, "Update Now" -- Click it.

AWStats will now process on the server manually as you sit there and wait. The updated stats will appear when the window refreshes.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

:D Bailey

3. dasonix

dasonix Member

ty ill give it a go

4. lawrence.dcosta

lawrence.dcosta Active Member

Hi

I too am facing the same thing in which the update now link is not displaying. I've cross checked the settings as mentioned by Bailey.

The current running cpanel version is cPanel 11.15.0-R17649

Regards
    Lawrence

5. sabarishks

sabarishks Active Member

Update now link

Hi,

1. Login into you WHM control panel as root.
    2. Click on 'Tweak Settings' in the upper left hand corner.
    3. Scroll down until you see "Allow users to update Awstats from cPanel" under the section 'Stats and Logs'.
    4. Check or uncheck the box to enable or disable and click Save.

We can enable a particular user to update his Awstats through an update link on the top of his Awstats window. Follow the steps given below in order to display the update link on the Awstats window:

Log on to the server,

cd /home/user/tmp/awstats
    vi awstats.domain.conf
    search for AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser and enable it
    AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser=1

save and quit.

Thats all, you will find the update link on the Awstat window.

If you still have any doubt in cpanel contact me at ks.sabarish@gmail.com