The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force SSL Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ndew, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ndew

ndew Registered

Hi,

Been using cPanel/WHM for a long time, however this is the first time I've run across this issue.

When I enable the Force SSL Option it works, and if you go to webmail.domain.com it puts a link on the page asking to click here for ssl, however the link shows up like this

https://:2096

Naturally this doesn't do anything, I'm not sure why it's not loading out host name/SSL name I've tried both options for ssl redirect under tweak settings and both work if i go to domain.com/webmail so why is it that the force ssl option doesn't seem to be able to find my hostname/certificate name, i'd even be happy if it put the domain in there, though that would throw an ssl warning.

Nick D.
    Canhost.ca

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please try updating your hostname using:

"WHM >> Networking Setup >> Change Hostname"

Also, try resetting the service certificate (assuming you do not use a commercial cert) for cPanel/WHM/Webmail in "WHM >> Service Configuration >> Manage Service SSL Certificates". Beyond that, it may be a good idea to submit a ticket so that we can take a closer look:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.