The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgot cPanel Password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeadBeet, Feb 12, 2007.

1. DeadBeet

DeadBeet Member

I forgot my cpanel password, and my webhost is like non-existant anymore but is still up. I cannot contact him and theres no retrieve password, he disabled it for some reason. How do I get my password?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

that the "retrieve" password function is disabled is normal there was a hole in that function and it could be abused.Your only option is to get in touch with your host or most hosts these days have some sort of automated system called "resend welcome letter" that will contain your password ... also always look if a host provides a REAL adress and phone on there website althrough you will be requirerd to provide a proof of identity if you ask for sesitieve information like passwords

3. DeadBeet

DeadBeet Member

The problem is, my host doesn't have a phone number and his host doesn't but my hosts host does, so I called them and they said they don't have access to such a thing so I am out of luck. And, I did have an account with their ClientExec Program, I was a super admin but the owner decided to redo the site a long time ago and forgot to add ClientExec on the new site. So, am I just purely out of luck? This is becomming ridiculous! (I don't mean that towards here, just my host:)

Thanks,
    Nick

#3 DeadBeet, Feb 13, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  4. DeadBeet

DeadBeet Member

I Found Out My Password! Thanks Alot!