The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgot my password

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by girlwork, Feb 6, 2009.

1. girlwork

girlwork Registered

Question 1:I don't know what's my password. I changed to a new password but now can't log in. If you can help me reset it.

Question 2: I got this error when I click my website. I need to know how to fix it, or someone can fix it for me.I don't know anything about building a website. I bought this website from ebay.

Here is the error
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ebooksah'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home2/ebooksah/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 12
    Unable to connect to database server!

Thanks

2. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

1. Your host would be able to reset your password for you in WHM, if the server is yours and you lost the root password (BAD!) you'll have to ask your datacenter to reset it.

2. Check the username and password being used for the MySQL connection. Normally the username is yourunixusername_databaseuser, or something similar, and you need to make sure that the user is allowed to access/modify the database in question.