The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formatting Auto-responder messages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BudCookson, Dec 9, 2007.

1. BudCookson

BudCookson Registered

I have been attempting to format my auto-responder message. I am not trying to do anything unusual, just put a few extra lines in the message so things aren't all crashed together. However, it seems to always remove extra lines and any special positioning. Any thoughts on how to do this without resorting to HTML? Thanks.

2. markfrompf

markfrompf Well-Known Member

Sorry to say the answer is no.

Keep in mind that it could be your end-user mailclient that's reformatting your autoresponder... (Gmail and Outlook 2007 are notorious for this.)

3. lorio

lorio Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In Outlook it isn't a mess (at least the wraping isn't inserting whitespace at the beginning of the lines) if the autoresponder would add
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

when choosing e.g. charset="iso-8859-1".

You can add the line by editing the textfiles by hand in the .autorespond folder.

Perhaps Cpanel devs can offer an option to modify the header via the autoresponder menu. But since Thunderbird and others are displaying the messages as formatted the real fix is up to Microsoft.

#3 lorio, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008