WeinBar

Aug 13, 2001
Not really sure where to post this, but I have a bit of a problem. I have moved all my Alabanza accounts to our NOC in Phoenix running cpanel/WHM and now their scripts that use formmail produce this error:

Sorry I can\'t send to domain.com. Is domain.com on this server ?

These scripts worked just fine on the other servers, so I am sure there is something wrong with a global setup with the cpanel servers. Any insights?

Annette

PartnerNOC
Aug 12, 2001
Is the script trying to send to someone offnetwork? That would be the problem. The clone likes local addressing. We moved most of our people that use form to mail to their own local copy of some other script (Matt\'s, Alien Form, and so on) instead.

[Edited on 9/27/01 by Annette]

wscreate

Aug 14, 2001
FormMail and Cpanel don\'t mix. We\'ve had constant problems with this. The form appears to work, but emails are not sent. I\'ve resorted to telling the customers that formmail will not work on our servers. That always makes our customers very happy to hear that.

AlaskanWolf

Aug 11, 2001
Fremont CA
worked fine after i set it up as a local email account and just forwarded the email account to whereever it was suppose to go off network

Brian Farkas

Aug 12, 2001
You could also download a copy of Matt\'s formmail and place it in the /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys directory... Then, to restrict usage only to domains on your system, you would add these lines above where it says \"Check referring URL\"

$IPLIST=\"/etc/localdomains\";
$listlen=`cat /etc/localdomains |wc -l`;

if(open(IPS,$IPLIST)) {

while (<IPS>) {
($name) = split;
chomp $name;

push (@referers, $name);

}

}

moronhead

Aug 12, 2001
Brian, [quote:fe216c9b81]while (<IPS>;) {
[/quote:fe216c9b81]Is the wink meant to be \";\"+\")\"? ;)

Brian Farkas

Aug 12, 2001
Let\'s try this again.. I\'m not exactly sure why the wink was there, since it wasn\'t ; ) ...
[code:1:9997769d9e]
$IPLIST=\"/etc/localdomains\";
$listlen=`cat /etc/localdomains |wc -l`;

if(open(IPS,$IPLIST)) {

while (<IPS>***) {
($name) = split;
chomp $name;

push (@referers, $name);

}

}

# Check Referring URL
&check_url;