Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Formmail.pl source

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by a6april, Dec 12, 2007.

1. a6april

a6april Registered

Hello all,
    I looked in the usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys folder and found the formmail.pl I use this script for a lot of people, however the version up there is a little outdated, for example, it doesn't parse special characters in the form return, and it buries the the sender and e-mail in the headers so when the clients gets the form they can't simply click the e-mail address in the message to reply, they have to reply to the entire e-mail. at any rate I had a couple of modifications to this script but I am unable to figure out how the original script handles the @referrers.

I love the idea that cgi-sys/script.pl works on every domain set up and do not want to have to fix all these manually but the existing script is all compiled, I can't find an easy decompiler or I have no way of finding out how the original code is referenced so I can duplicate it and just add my modifications to it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated