Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FormMail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Nico, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

There seems to be a server wide problem with /cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi on our server.
    All forms get an internal server error with this in the error log:

/*netwants.net/: ?+*{} follows nothing in regexp at cgi-sys/FormMail-clone.cgi.pl line 41, <LD> line 232.

Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi

Any idea on how to resolve this?

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

what is \"FormMail-clone.cgi.pl \"?? that should be pointing to either \"cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi\" or cgi-sys/FormMail-clone.cgi\"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that also. That script is not on the server and this is line copied directly from the form:

<form action=\"cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi\" method=\"post\">

I\'m not sure where it is getting that.

4. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Ok..
    go in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys

and look for first FormMail-clone.cgi. (that\'s what I have) then you should find a link that points \"FormMail.cgi -> FormMail-clone.cgi\" I bet for some weird reason you have a Link in there that says \"FormMail.cgi -> FormMail-clone.cgi.pl\"

Am I right?
    If so just delete that link and add it back with the right file to point to. \"FormMail-colne.cgi\"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

The smybolic link is correct. I even changed the call in the form to call \'FormMail-clone.cgi\' directly and get the same results:

/*netwants.net/: ?+*{} follows nothing in regexp at cgi-sys/FormMail-clone.cgi.pl line 41, <LD> line 232.
    [Wed Dec 5 17:23:46 2001] [error] [client 24.179.127.204] Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/FormMail-clone.cgi

For one of these forms I installed formmail.pl 1.9 from Matts script archive in their cgi-bin and it works fine. This seems to be isollated to \'/cgi-sys/FormMail-clone.cgi\'.

[Edited on 12/5/01 by Nico]