Forums sending bulk amount of emails

rootuser

Jan 31, 2005
***INDIA***
Helloo , in one of my server nearly 10 phpbb forums are running,per hour they are sending bulk amount of mails to their user's using local smtp server, most of these email adress are not valid.Every time exim is taking lot of resources,is it possible to disable it(Because this is enabled my forum admin's through their forum control panel.Thanks in advance

bijo

Aug 21, 2004
India
Hello,

Did you enable suexec on your server?. If yes check the suexec log. If not disable the email send as nobody option in tweak setting. It will help you to sort out this issue. Let me know the status ;)

rootuser

Jan 31, 2005
***INDIA***
bijo said:
Hello,

Did you enable suexec on your server?. If yes check the suexec log. If not disable the email send as nobody option in tweak setting. It will help you to sort out this issue. Let me know the status ;)
Thanks bijo for this reply .Suexec is already enabled

rootuser

Jan 31, 2005
***INDIA***
bijo said:
Hello,

Did you check the suexec log?. If it is a mailscript you can find out the id from checking the
suexec log
It is sending from phpbb admin control panel option Mass email .In all phpbb forums adminz having one option called send mass email to forum user's using local smtp serever.IS it possible to stop this