The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward All Email Sent To A Mailbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by billy79, Feb 12, 2007.

1. billy79

billy79 Active Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I have a dedicated server client, who wishes to do the following. He wants to make it so there is a copy all emails sent from any address at to another email address,

I figure there must be a way to modify Exim so that for that domain it automatically adds a bcc field with the in the bcc field....but honestly I have no idea how to do that. Maybe there is even an easier way I am open to suggestions.

He is a small company and he only has two employees and from my understanding he is making them aware and making them sign a document that he does keep a backup copy of all emails sent, so no need to discuss the legal issues of this, I just need to know if it can technically need to be done.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Billy Cooter
  2. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Billy, dunno if you found your solution or not, but in my exeperience when you set up both an email account AND a forwarder on an account it both forwards and stores the email for you. So set up your email account through CPanel, then add your forwarder and send an email. It should deliver it to the box PLUS forward the copy to your forward. HTH

Sry for the late reply. I found this searching for a similar problem. :)
  3. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2004
    Well, the forward solution will work for *incoming* messages, but not *sent* messages.

The easiest way to do this: Install MailScanner and configure it for message archiving. You can then easily modify it on a per domain, per email account, per machine basis... it will also allow archiving of incoming as well as outgoing messages.

Plus, you get added filtering capabilities.

Get the install from as it also includes the MailWatch module.