Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Forward DNS Record

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by wzd, May 8, 2006.

1. wzd

wzd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey All,

I'm sorry for the stupid question but i seem to be having some problems with creating a DNS forward. I would like to forward subdomain.domain.com where domain.com is hosted on my server. :)
    I have gone under DNS -> Edit DNS Zone and added it in as a 14400 A record with the Static IP address i want to point the DNS to in the next block right after the A record dropdown. :confused:

This was done succesfully and i understand that the DNS will take some time to propagate to other root nameservers and so forth.
    However i am checking if my nameservers have a record of this forward by going to a independant server online and running the following command:

host -t ns subdomain.domain.com ns1.domain.com
    and i obtain the following:
    ** server can't find subdomain.domain.com: NXDOMAIN

Where it should be saying subdomain.domain.com forwards to 123.123.123.123 (the static IP address) :(

My apologies for the complicated allusions. Can anyone help and explain why my nameservers dont have this information yet?

Thanks and sorry if it's another stupid question.
    Regards,
    Wzd :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...