The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward emails and add prefix to subject

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by skorpiius, Nov 5, 2014.

1. skorpiius

skorpiius Registered

Nov 5, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, I admin the website for a non-profit group, and also hosted in the same space is another related group. Since this other group is somewhat dormant with only one person ever checking its 3 inboxes, I've been asked to forward a copy of all emails sent to the dormant group to our main group's inbox. The problem is it's annoying because to make sure I'm not answering emails that were actually sent to the dormant group, I have to open each one checking the 'sent to' field.

Is there a way to forward and modify the subject, so that in the inbox I might see subjects like

Please respond
    New information
    [Dormant Group] I have a question
    Here is your bill
    [Dormant Group] New information

So it would be very obvious which emails had been forwarded.

I'm guessing this might be a situation where the "Pipe to a Program" option in the cPanel forwarding setup would be used, but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated! Although I know nothing of perl and barely any PHP it seems like it would be a very short script.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator