Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

.forward files

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by simonthebrit, Apr 20, 2007.

1. simonthebrit

simonthebrit Registered

Does cPanel's Exim configuration support custom user-created .forward files? And if so, where should users place these in their directory structure?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to set up a catch-all rule for wildcard subdomains. In other words, I have wildcard subdomains already configured for my domain and they work (any.sub.mydomain.com redirects to mydomain.com). However I also want to set up a catch-all for email sent to address@any.sub.mydomain.com. The wildcard subdomain doesn't show up in cPanel's "Default Email Account" section, so I can't set this up from there.

What's more, I want that catch-all to pipe to a PHP script. I've already this up successfully for a static subdomain, so I know how to do that. I just don't know how to set up the catch-all rule for my wildcard subdomain.

I hope someone can help me out with this. Thanks :confused:

2. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

We use the .forward file to /dev/null the default users mail.

just save it to /home/username/.forward

3. erick_paper

erick_paper Well-Known Member

Is it possible to set a .forward like this for a wildcard of subdomains of a site? I setup a .forward rule but it doesn't work. Any thoughts? I simply have the email address in the .forward file as follows:

Code:
    admin@mydomain.com 

Is there another format?

#3 erick_paper, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009