The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward some emails accounts to different MX records?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Forcerdj, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Forcerdj

Forcerdj Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is at all possible... Basically my client used Windows Live Domains for email which has now been discontinued, my client has LOTS of emails accounts on here for franchisee's etc and migrating them to a new service is going to take time and planning.

The problem is my client needs new email addresses creating, which is no longer possible through WLD.

DNS for the domain is managed by whm/cpanel and is routing email to WLD.

My question is: is it possible to setup new email accounts on the server and have the new email accounts route email to inboxes on the cpanel server and have the existing emails remain receiving emails on windows live domains?

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's not possible to setup the different mail server for new created Mail account. You can not setup the mail server on per mail account basis

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There is no native support for hosting email service on multiple servers with preference over specific emails. The use of multiple mail servers with your MX records is typically done to account for times when the primary mail server is down. It's likely possible through some customizations or with a third-party service, so I will leave this thread open for others to add their input.

Thank you.