Forward specific email to exchange

Nitr0

Registered
May 18, 2010
Currently I have cpanel hosting email for a specific domain. I'm wondering if there's a way I can forward any email to a specific email address to an exchange server that I would like to setup. I'm getting sick of using webmail and imap and would like for a couple people that have emails with this domain name to use exchange instead.

I'm hoping I can just use route_list in exim to do this, does anyone see a reason why that wouldn't work?

smart_host:
driver = manualroute
route_list = [email protected] 123.123.123.123
transport = remote_smtp

Thanks

Last edited:

toddaa

Registered
Jan 22, 2007
Did you ever get this to work? I am looking for a similar solution. Could you post a follow-up of your results?

Thanks!

Lyttek

Jan 2, 2004
Have you looked into the POP connector on exchange? It can pull the messages down from a POP server...

toddaa

Registered
Jan 22, 2007
I got mine to work. I followed some of the guides out there to get a smarthost going. That seemed to be the easy part. I then learned that all I needed to do to filter and only send mail to certain users was add the "local_parts" directive to the smarthost router. The /etc/mail_users file is simply a list of mail addresses.

Now with this smart host I can forward my email to my smarthost so I can continue to test the solution all while everyone elses mail in the domain goes to the standard EXIM router for my virtual host.

Code:
smarthost:
    driver = manualroute
    transport = remote_smtp
    local_parts = /etc/mail_users
    route_list = +smart_domains ip_of_exchange
Hope it helps someone out there.

Thanks!