The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward specific email to exchange

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Nitr0, May 18, 2010.

1. Nitr0

Nitr0 Registered

Currently I have cpanel hosting email for a specific domain. I'm wondering if there's a way I can forward any email to a specific email address to an exchange server that I would like to setup. I'm getting sick of using webmail and imap and would like for a couple people that have emails with this domain name to use exchange instead.

I'm hoping I can just use route_list in exim to do this, does anyone see a reason why that wouldn't work?

smart_host:
    driver = manualroute
    route_list = email@whatever.com 123.123.123.123
    transport = remote_smtp

Thanks

#1 Nitr0, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. toddaa

toddaa Registered

Did you ever get this to work? I am looking for a similar solution. Could you post a follow-up of your results?

Thanks!

3. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Have you looked into the POP connector on exchange? It can pull the messages down from a POP server...

4. toddaa

toddaa Registered

I got mine to work. I followed some of the guides out there to get a smarthost going. That seemed to be the easy part. I then learned that all I needed to do to filter and only send mail to certain users was add the "local_parts" directive to the smarthost router. The /etc/mail_users file is simply a list of mail addresses.

Now with this smart host I can forward my email to my smarthost so I can continue to test the solution all while everyone elses mail in the domain goes to the standard EXIM router for my virtual host.

Code:
    smarthost:
        driver = manualroute
        transport = remote_smtp
        local_parts = /etc/mail_users
        route_list = +smart_domains ip_of_exchange

Hope it helps someone out there.

Thanks!