The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forwarder/POP Account/Responder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bens, Feb 10, 2002.

1. bens

bens Member

I've been confused about this for some time..

Is it possible for an email account to be both a forwarder and a POP account?

What about having an email address being a forwarder, POP account and have an auto-responder?

Are these integrations possible with cPanel, or can the email account be only one of the three?

Thanks!

2. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:7b40665b41][i:7b40665b41]Originally posted by bens[/i:7b40665b41]

Is it possible for an email account to be both a forwarder and a POP account?

What about having an email address being a forwarder, POP account and have an auto-responder?

Are these integrations possible with cPanel, or can the email account be only one of the three?

Thanks![/quote:7b40665b41]
    The answer to all of these is &Yes&. You can set up a POP account and a forwarder for the same alias so you can receive the mail in your POP account and have a copy of it forwarded elsewhere (or even to multiple recipients) at the same time.

You can also add an autoresponder so the sender receives an instant response. Now that's what I call flexibility. ;)

3. _mk_

_mk_ Registered

How does forwarding to multiple reciepients work?

I have tried setting up a forwarder using commas as well as semi-colons for multiple addresses, but the end result is always two forward files and mail sent to the address in question always goes only to the first on the list.

Is it a question of syntax when setting up the forwarder or is there another trick?

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:2ac7adfe7d][i:2ac7adfe7d]Originally posted by _mk_[/i:2ac7adfe7d]

I have tried setting up a forwarder using commas as well as semi-colons for multiple addresses, but the end result is always two forward files and mail sent to the address in question always goes only to the first on the list.

Is it a question of syntax when setting up the forwarder or is there another trick?[/quote:2ac7adfe7d]

Just add another forwarder for each address.

5. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Doesn't work...

I have a POP account for user 'alpha@domain.com' and recently created an autoresponder for 'alpha@domain.com'. Mail continues to go to the POP account but the autoresponder doesn't function. Any ideas?

6. WillyMore

WillyMore Active Member