The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forwarders after spam assassin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Veritas, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Veritas

Veritas Member

I was hoping that spam box would fix my problem, but it doesn't completely...

I have forwarders set up from important email account to forward messages to my mobile phone.

It work great, but I am trying to figure out how NOT to forward things that spam assassin tags and sends to spam box. Anyone know how this can be accomplished?

Thanks!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear Veritas,

You can try disabling the spambox in your cpanel. That should solve your problem.

Regards,

3. Israel.lopez

Israel.lopez Member

I have a similar problem.

I want spam assassin to tag email that is Defnitely spam after a level of 8. Once that is done, the mail filter should pass it through to the inbox.

This does not work, it still sends it to the main inbox. Without sending it through the spam asassin.

Anyone know how to make all mail filter through spam assasin, then filter through the "Mail Filters" i believe it is in Exim, then forward the message on through to its destination?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

AFAIK, you cannot do it with the way cPanel has implemented SpamAssassin into Exim. You can certainly do this if you use MailScanner.

5. eeadmin

eeadmin Well-Known Member

so the filtering does work sometimes but not others

I have all the things tagged as spam forward to a spam mail box which can be reviewed and deleted domain wide. Only one person has to review everybody's spam. The problem I have is sometimes this works great the email filter forwards things tagged as spam to the boxes. Other times they show up in the user's inbox. ..... why would it work sometimes and not others?