The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forwarders not working after Migrating accounts

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by marcelg, Aug 24, 2011.

1. marcelg

marcelg Member

Hello,

I have migrated some hosting accounts from my Liquid Web VPS to my myhosting.com VPS. (side note: because some customers want to be hosted in Canada, others the US so I have two).

After migrating the accounts and updating the DNS to point to myhosting.com the email forwarders don't forward anymore.

If I revert my DNS back to Liquid Web the email forwarders immediately start working again.

What would cause this to happen? Where should I be looking to resolve this issue? I've check the DNS and as far as I know it is correct. The tech support can't solve the issue fast enough... it's been two days.

Please give me some guidance or if you're aware of this issue please tell me how you fixed it.

Thanks.

Marcel :confused:

2. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

Hi Marcel,

Please open a ticket on our helpdesk -- we'd be happy to take a look. See my signature for the link.

3. marcelg

marcelg Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have an account.

I'm just posting in hope that someone on the forum has experience with this happening to them so they can share what they did to fix it.

Thanks.

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can submit a ticket free of any charge. You do not need to have a pre-existing account with cPanel. All you need is your support access number from the WebHost Manager, which you can view at Main >> Support >> Support Center. You can submit a ticket at the link in my signature, which is:

https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/

We are happy to provide complimentary support to server administrators. If you do not have root access to the server (i.e. you are not the server administrator), you will need to contact your hosting provider, who can contact us on your behalf if it becomes necessary.

5. marcelg

marcelg Member

There is already a ticket open but my web hosting support refuses to give me the ticket number.

Unfortunately this is a big con in their services/support to me so if they don't smarten up I may not even be sticking with this company. Hopefully they do so working on this issue is not just a waste of time.

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Just curious, if you create a new forwarder to troubleshoot on one of these accounts with forwarder issues, does that newly created forwarder work?