The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forwarders seem to work at random

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by betoranaldi, Jul 18, 2008.

1. betoranaldi

betoranaldi Well-Known Member

Is there a way I can track the path of a forwarder (once the message reaches the server)

I have a few forwarders that randomly work. Sometimes they deliver messages other times the messages just disappear. The sender won't get an error back but the recipient forwarder just doesn't get the message...

Thanks
    Brian

2. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think I may have seen this too.. problem is, it's so random and inconsistent, it's hard to tell for sure.

3. wemail

wemail Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have had this problem for a while. On investigation it falls into two separate areas:

a. Some forwarders were going to sites which have inward SPF checking, e.g. waitrose.com, and these were failing anything which had been forwarded, because it had not been forwarded using SRS (see separate threads on SRS and its relationship to SPF). This will remain a serious problem for all forwarders until cPanel fully supports SRS in Exim.

b. Yahoo users were sending to us, but they were corrupting the "To:" address before the emails reached us, and many were failed due to invalid address, instead of being processed as a forwarder case. This problem was also noticed with btinternet.com and btopenworld.com - both of which appear to share MTAs with Yahoo in the UK. (This is not a cPanel problem).