The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forwarding & blackholing mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by wookiee, Mar 31, 2005.

1. wookiee

wookiee Well-Known Member

Right now, I'm using Default Address to forward all mail from zzdi.com to oneforallhosting.com

How do I set up mail to do the following...

I have 25 addresses using zzdi.com
    I want them all forwarded to oneforallhosting.com

But, I also want all email sent to acoounts that are not set up in zzdi.com to go to the blackhole

It looks like the only way to do it is by adding a new Forwarder for each address.

Is there some way around this tedium?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If it is your server, then you can speed up the tedium by directly editing /etc/valiases/domain.com and adding the aliases directly. When done, make sure you set the Default Address to :fail: not :blackhole:

3. wookiee

wookiee Well-Known Member

I should have mentioned that I'm on a reseller account for now. I expect I'll get my own server eventually.

4. fantastic

fantastic Member

Can't get messages sent out

Hello; I am having trouble with my server. I have a website that sends welcome emails and passwords to customers when they join. The problem is: when a customer signs up, an email is not sent, even though it says it has been sent. I noticed that when I use an email address on the server (not a yahoo email, hotmail email, aol email, but one like I created in my cpanel), the emails are sent fine!

Can someone help me?? What needs to be adjusted by my server administrator???

Thanks for all your help!!!