Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forwarding mail from ISP mail server to local Mail service

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SipriusPT, Oct 25, 2016.

1. SipriusPT

SipriusPT Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello guys,

I am trying to receive mails in my local mail server from my ISP mail server, but till now i have not figure out, how can i do this.

I have OS X running server app with Mail service and a Mail web service. From my Mail app users, they are able to send mails but unable to receive right now. In Mail app i have run a tool to check IMAP and SMTP of my mail service, and its all ok. I have tested both Mail web service and Mail app, and both can send but cannot receive. I have also put my OS X in the DMZ to see if there was a problem with router firewall, and nothing.

My Web mail service is fully tested with IMAP and SMTP connected directly to my ISP mail server.

In cpanel i dont know well how to config it to be able to do this.

Also i have a DNS name associated with an static IP.

I have tried with MX Entry, i had my DNS name as a priority 1, in 0 is the domain used by my mail server. Email routing is in auto, i dont know if i have to set it to a different value, to have the behaviour as i need.

I also dont know if i have to mess with SPF or other feature from authentication.

Help, i am just a noob trying to learn more! :rolleyes:

2. SipriusPT

SipriusPT Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello guys,

I am trying to reroute mails from my ISP server to my local server, through MX Entry.

Right now is it set it as auto, and i have questions about how Local Mail Exchanger from MX Entry works, because i have afraid of the output of messing with MX Entry's, because i have several email accounts being used in this domain.

So if i choose Local Mail Exchanger for the domain that i want to forward mails to my local server, mails will be duplicated in both ISP and local servers? If yes, if someone is connected to the IMAP of ISP will continue to receive and send mails normally from ISP right?

I will receive mail in real time in my local server without anyone being login?

Thanks,
    Regards.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You won't be able to utilize the Webmail feature in cPanel for domain names that aren't hosted on the cPanel server. However, you could manually install a webmail application such as Roundcube to an individual account and browse to it directly (e.g. domain.tld/roundcube). This would allow you to customize the SMTP connection settings. You would also need to ensure SMTP Restrictions is disabled if you choose to install a custom webmail application.

Thank you.