The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forwarding to multiple accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmancini, Jan 12, 2003.

1. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

I have 2 scenarios that I am unclear of:
    1) a client wants a copy of all email to go to the admin@ email account and a copy to go to the user. If I create pop accounts for the user and admin@ and forward the user to admin@ then how do the users get a copy? Does it send it both places automatically?
    2) similar scenario....2 users want their mail sent to hotmail and they also have an alias! joe@ & smith@ are there emails and they want both to go to 1 and also to joe@hotmail.com. That one has me stumped!

Thanks!

2. teck

teck Well-Known Member

[quote:8ae4039681][i:8ae4039681]Originally posted by mmancini[/i:8ae4039681]

I have 2 scenarios that I am unclear of:
    1) a client wants a copy of all email to go to the admin@ email account and a copy to go to the user. If I create pop accounts for the user and admin@ and forward the user to admin@ then how do the users get a copy? Does it send it both places automatically?
    [/quote:8ae4039681]

didnt want to read above but, create a pop account called admin@domain.com you can also create a forward called admin@domain.com that goes to user@yahoo.com. when email is sent to admin@domain.com, it's delivered locally to the pop account as well as it gets forwarded to user@yahoo.com. got it?

[quote:8ae4039681]
    2) similar scenario....2 users want their mail sent to hotmail and they also have an alias! joe@ & smith@ are there emails and they want both to go to 1 and also to joe@hotmail.com. That one has me stumped!

Thanks![/quote:8ae4039681]

not sure what you mean but i'll take a stab. create joe@ and smith@ pop accounts. then create a joe@ and smith@ and have them both forward to joe@hotmail.com. in this situation, email sent to joe@ and smith@ will get delivered to their own email boxes as well as it will both forward to joe@hotmail.com.

3. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

didn't work

Well, I created a pop account test@ and forwarded another@ to test@ and sent an email to another@ and test never got it.