The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fp-5.0-upgrade.sea - you will find more in this Package as y

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JapAniManga.ch, Aug 13, 2001.

1. JapAniManga.ch

JapAniManga.ch Well-Known Member

Hi,

just installed <fp-5.0-upgrade.sea> on a WHM/CPanel-Server who had ...

Apache/1.3.17 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_jk mod_bwlimited/0.8 PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_log_bytes/0.3 mod_frontpage/3.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.8.0 OpenSSL/0.9.5a

on it and now look what it have now ....

Apache/1.3.20 (Unix) DAV/1.0.2 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_jk mod_bwlimited/0.8 PHP/4.0.6 mod_log_bytes/0.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.4 OpenSSL/0.9.5a

Hey its not just made a Upgrade of the Frontpage-Extension, but also of Apache, PHP, mod_ssl, ... .
    First thinked that I need to install after the Frontpage-Package the Apache-Package from Layer1 but now I dont need to make it ! Got in the first Lines of the Installation a Error of Frontpage and some Parts of the Installation has looked strangely but at the End was all OK - hey dont make (fright) this a second Time, was some Seconds away to prepare a Support-Mail that Apache & Co. will not work.

At the End I can now only say: Great work :)

2. teck

teck Well-Known Member

Anyone else install this and found no errors?

3. CRego3D

CRego3D Active Member

Hi teck

I have installed it in all the older machines (about 10) .. no errors watsoever

4. teck

teck Well-Known Member

Thanks carlos. I hope it won\'t mess up mod_gzip since I installed that manually and didn\'t use the installer on layer1...

5. Mark Vockler

Mark Vockler Active Member

Installing fp-5.0-upgrade.sea seems to remove mod_ssl support by default. Is there supposed to be a config option to enable it upon execution of the script?

Mark

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:c9fbe49810]Installing fp-5.0-upgrade.sea seems to remove mod_ssl support by default. Is there supposed to be a config option to enable it upon execution of the script?

Mark [/quote:c9fbe49810]

It should have ssl support unless something is messed on the server. You can always downloading buildapache.sea and choose what options you one.

NOTE: you will have to run /scripts/setupfp4 or reinstall frontpage exts on all accounts after the fp5 upgrade.

7. Jedito

Jedito Well-Known Member

Well.. I mess it up my server with that :(
    I just run it it give me an error when it was installing php 4.0.6, and after that I can't get the apache up again. I restore the httpd.conf from my backup and still don't work.

Anybody can help me to get it back to the old configuration?
    it keep giving me segmentation faults and now apache run but do not load graphics and so.

[Edited on 8/17/01 by Jedito]

8. teck

teck Well-Known Member

Okay, I won\'t touch that yet :)

9. Jedito

Jedito Well-Known Member

It was the mod_gzip that it gives that segmentation faults errors, after deactivated it work again.
    Now I have fear to activated it again.
    I receive near 15 complains for my customers in less than 30 min :(

10. Jedito

Jedito Well-Known Member

Teck:
    that was my fault, you have to compile again mod_gzip after the upgrade with
    /etc/httpd/bin/apxs -i -a -c mod_gzip.c

and restart apache.
    Anyway..I can\'t make fp-5.0-upgrade.sea
    work properly.

11. pfmartin

pfmartin Well-Known Member

Unable to create a web at the URL \"/\" because FrontPage information was unexpectedly encountered beneath the corresponding directory

I have upgraded to the latest FP but now I can\'t do anything. What do I do? Is there some scripts that will globally update all accounts that have frontpage installed? If not, it sure would be nice. I would say it\'s kind of necessary. I don\'t know which accounts have frontpage or not. There\'s no place to look and easily see this.

Also, do subwebs work? I upgraded to the fp 5 because a customer was having trouble with creating subwebs. I am hoping this fixes it.

12. rghigliazza

rghigliazza Member
    PartnerNOC

After installing the FrontPage sea update, no one of my users can login with FrontPage, and in the Realm field of the login prompt, a strange : appears, what can i do?

Help Please.

Ricardo

13. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:6f8fc750a9] I don\'t know which accounts have frontpage or not. There\'s no place to look and easily see this.
    [/quote:6f8fc750a9]\"Locate _vti_pvt\" in telnet or ssh should reveal domains with FP.

14. TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE

TRAIN YARD SOFTWARE Well-Known Member

FP5 / subweb, RH7.2 / CPanel4.x.x

Subwebs not working serverwide.

user error: Frontpage Secutity volition error

server 4am email error: Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions: (OS Error #1 Message: Operation not permitted)

Ed