The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FP Extensions trouble on one site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SonServers, Mar 13, 2004.

1. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2001
    I just finished moving all sites from a RH7.2 server to a FreeBSD 5.1 server. I have to say that overall the transfers went well.

Almost every FrontPage site has had to have the extensions reinstalled. Reinstalling has fixed every site but one.

This one customer has three sites and is using FP 2003. Two are ok after reinstalling extensions, one is still broken. He can not connect to the one site to publish. It throws extension errors. It is not a dns problem as I tried moving him to his own IP. We terminated the account and recreated it. Nothing has worked.

I've questioned if it is really an extension problem, but I found this page:;en-us;324843 and test 4 through a browser is showing extension problems too.

Yet, there are things on the site working like the FP counter, web form, etc.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Any ideas of other things to try? There is something strange about this one site. Support Ticket Number: 42974
  2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Hi Son Servers,

Try to install manually from shell,
    #cd /usr/local/frontpage/currentversion/bin
    # ./fpsrvadm.exe
    Type "fpsrvadm -h" for help on command line options
    If everything goes fine, You should now be able to publish to this website using Front Page.