The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fread error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allwebnow, Apr 27, 2007.

1. allwebnow

allwebnow Well-Known Member

I'm running a php script that communicates using Enom API php code. When I run the script I get this error:

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: SSL: fatal protocol error in /home/user/public_html/go/modules/custom/enom/include/EnomInterface_inc.php on line 116

Line 116 is this:
    while ( $out=fread ($socket,2048) ) {

Does anybody know what this means? The developer of the software said it is an issue with my server configuration. I have my server setup based on Chirpy's settings using CSF, LFD. I'm pretty sure it's a firewall/php/ssl issue of some kind. Any insight on this would be very greatful!

Thanks in advance.

2. allwebnow

Ok, I contacted enom and they said it was an ssl port issue the script was having. So, i went into csf and added 2048 to all "allow" port fields and restarted csf/lfd. I'm Still getting the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Did you add that port to TCP_OUT which is what I would assume that you need (and then restart the firewall)?

You could also tail /var/log/messages and then visit the script and watch for any kernel Firewall messages that might appear which would show which ports and their direction are at issue if it is a firewall problem.

4. allwebnow

Yeah, i've already added the port 2048 to csf and restarted the firewall. That didn't work. Then I ran the script and did a tail /var/log/messages and nothing posted in the log that appeared to be related at all to this issue.

5. allwebnow

6. allwebnow

I still haven't gotten this fixed so if anyone can help that would be great.