The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freaky!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by twhiting9275, Oct 24, 2002.

1. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    ok, as of yet I'm unsure as if this is a redhat issue or CPanel issue, or even a solo server issue. I just know that I've had the damnedest time trying to figure out what was causing this (finally I did).It's not something that needs a bug report filled out for, at least for me, but maybe someone else has this problem and can't figure it out. Here's the solution (or as much of one as I can come up with).

I run a gaming server, where people actually have to use shell access to get into things, compile code, etc. Usually that isn't too much of a problem, as long as you know what you're doing. The problem, after updating CP to the latest glibc and compilers and whatnot was that /usr/include/bits/types.h was **boggle** BLANK!!

Of course, for any developer, or programmer, this is kind of a needed thing. There's not a lot that can compile on the server without it (everything I tried failed miserably). Thankfully I've got my hands on a few servers, so I just copied types.h from one of them, but it took a while to figure out exactly WHICH included file was missing.

Again, I'm not sure if this is just my server or wha, but it was most definitely a freaky experience.

Ok, this has now happened on 2 servers, so it's definitely NOT just my server any longer. Has anyone got any thoughts as to why this might be happening? Anyone else run across the same bug?

--
    edited to add second server affected
    --