Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FREE ASSP X (ASSP eXtended - WHM addon with cPanel interface)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ispro, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member Verifed Vendor

We have ASSP X installed on production servers and we fix things very fast as we are to do it :)

For example, 1.2.3 is going to be released next hour because we found that we not exported all catchall enabled domains.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ispro

RVSkin integration is in the process, we are cleaning some things...

1.2.3 released, we now using /usr/local/asspx for all ASSP X files and this should allow faster RVSkin integration...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. boeki

boeki Active Member

i think there's something wrong with the symlinks in "Install Cpanel Interface"

example:

ln -sv --target-directory=/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvlightblue/mailhome.html;

but mailhome.html location is different. it's /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel/rvlightblue/mailhome.html

fyi

4. kistler

kistler Well-Known Member

i am not sure but i just did a "Installing/updating cPanel interface" and now my email.html file can not be located.

I look inside "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx" and i see no "/x" or any theme with in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx" for that matter. but i do see it with in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel" I am unsure if this is a bug or just my error

Ver. 1.2.3

also i seem to be getting "spam" from almost anywhere reason is the "Bayesian Spam" - can i do anything to fix this - thanks for integrating the script into cpanel

#44 kistler, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  5. jugo

jugo Active Member

YUP.. Same here..

Seems version 1.2.3 Broke the cPanel integration.

6. ispro

FORCE update of ASSP X as you got older 1.2.3 version with incorrect symlinks.

7. Mat-d-rat

Mat-d-rat Well-Known Member

Note the asspcpanel script is still wrong :( or I'm missing something...

8. boeki

boeki Active Member

forcing the update did the trick.

i didn't click on the "Install Cpanel Interface" as i think it's the one with the problem.

9. ipglobe

ipglobe Active Member

Please, Help In Install.

I Install In My Server And Emails Not Work,

I Removed And Emails Goback Work.

Somebody Can Help Me To Install?

10. Mat-d-rat

I'd think they are the same script (one called form the other). When I click in end user cpanel (x theme) "Mail", I get the normal list with "ASSP X Spam & Virus Shield" at the bottom, but then clicking that just gives me a list of files in "/frontend/x/asspx/"

11. boeki

boeki Active Member

what i meant was that affter the forced update, i didn't bother clicking on "Install Cpanel Interface" anymore as i saw during the forced update that the update already installed the correct symlinks.

12. ispro

ASSP X is so easy to install... However if you unsure how to install it properly you may pay for installation. Just $10 per server. Contact me via PM.

Mat-d-rat, have you forced an upgrade to 1.2.3? You shouldn't be able to view contents of asspx directory as it contains index.php file which will be shown instead. I assume you still run old 1.2.3. To prevent confusions I will release 1.2.4 shortly.

13. Mat-d-rat

Well I click "force update" and get...

Sylinks are :-
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/mail/email.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel/x/mail/email.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x2/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xmail/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xmail/index.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xmail/index.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_autoresponders.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_autoresponders.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_boxtrapper.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_boxtrapper.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_defaultaddress.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_defaultaddress.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_domainforward.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_domainforward.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_forwarders.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_forwarders.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_mailinglists.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_mailinglists.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_mx.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_mx.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_pop.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_pop.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_spamfilters.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_spamfilters.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvorange/rvskin/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvorange/rvskin/mailmenu.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvorange/rvskin/mailmenu.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvorange/mailhome.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvorange/mailhome.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue/rvskin/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue/rvskin/mailmenu.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvlightblue/rvskin/mailmenu.html'
    create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue/mailhome.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvlightblue/mailhome.html'

Then I go into my cpanel (X theme) click mail, see "Assp X" link which takes me to /frontend/x/asspx/ which then just shows a list of the following files :
    cronjob
    asspscripts
    INSTALL.txt
    CHANGELOG.txt
    rules
    TODO.txt
    install.sh
    asspxversion.txt
    patches
    asspcfg
    addon_asspx.cgi
    ASSPX.pm
    init.d
    asspcpanel
    LICENSE.TXT

And at the bottom of the screen it says ASSP X: 1.2.3 (before and after)

14. jugo

jugo Active Member

Forcing the update worked for me.

Great Job.

15. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    crontab calls for rebuildspamdb.pl in the assp folder, but rebuildspamdb.pl is actually in the assp/scripts folder, so it doesnt run.

#55 jandafields, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  16. ispro

It is the part of crontab:
    Code:
    0 5 * * * root cd /usr/local/assp;/usr/local/assp/scripts/rebuildspamdb.pl

So it works. Check that you have proper cronjob.

17. ispro

Mat-d-rat, from the quote you has given to me it is clear you are using old 1.2.3.

Regarding your responses - you are free to use anything you wish and like.

While others enjoying of ASSP X you stick to 'deluxe' :)

18. jandafields

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No, it automatically put in this cronjob when i installed:

Code:
    10 4 * * * cd /usr/local/assp;/usr/local/assp/rebuildspamdb.pl

19. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do we remove Spamd and ClamAV when we install this ?

20. jandafields

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Remove Spamassassin. I don't know about clam, assp does not seem to be a virus scanner, only spam...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.