FREE ASSP X (ASSP eXtended - WHM addon with cPanel interface)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispro

Verifed Vendor
Apr 8, 2004
I would love to test this but I do not have a test system at the moment. Anyone who have a test system please test this out and let us know when it's ready for primetime. Maybe another version or two, I will start testing it on my live system.
We have ASSP X installed on production servers and we fix things very fast as we are to do it :)

For example, 1.2.3 is going to be released next hour because we found that we not exported all catchall enabled domains.

ispro

Verifed Vendor
Apr 8, 2004
No it's not ugly. I thought it was WHM screenshots because it does look like WHM :)

Is this integrated into RVSkin?

How is the load compared to the other spam prevention methods? All the other crap installed really causes high cpu usage.

Looks good, great work =)
RVSkin integration is in the process, we are cleaning some things...

1.2.3 released, we now using /usr/local/asspx for all ASSP X files and this should allow faster RVSkin integration...

boeki

Jan 30, 2004
i think there's something wrong with the symlinks in "Install Cpanel Interface"

example:

ln -sv --target-directory=/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvlightblue/mailhome.html;

but mailhome.html location is different. it's /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel/rvlightblue/mailhome.html

fyi

kistler

Jan 27, 2005
i am not sure but i just did a "Installing/updating cPanel interface" and now my email.html file can not be located.

I look inside "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx" and i see no "/x" or any theme with in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx" for that matter. but i do see it with in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel" I am unsure if this is a bug or just my error

Ver. 1.2.3

also i seem to be getting "spam" from almost anywhere reason is the "Bayesian Spam" - can i do anything to fix this - thanks for integrating the script into cpanel

Last edited:

jugo

Nov 23, 2005
i am not sure but i just did a "Installing/updating cPanel interface" and now my email.html file can not be located.

I look inside "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx" and i see no "/x" or any theme with in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx" for that matter. but i do see it with in "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel" I am unsure if this is a bug or just my error

Ver. 1.2.3

also i seem to be getting "spam" from almost anywhere reason is the "Bayesian Spam" - can i do anything to fix this - thanks for integrating the script into cpanel
YUP.. Same here..

Seems version 1.2.3 Broke the cPanel integration.

Trying to access the mail function at cPanel.

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x/mail/email.html) you requested
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
this error to your webhost.

ispro

Verifed Vendor
Apr 8, 2004
FORCE update of ASSP X as you got older 1.2.3 version with incorrect symlinks.

boeki

Jan 30, 2004
forcing the update did the trick.

i didn't click on the "Install Cpanel Interface" as i think it's the one with the problem.

Mat-d-rat

Jul 30, 2003
forcing the update did the trick.

i didn't click on the "Install Cpanel Interface" as i think it's the one with the problem.
I'd think they are the same script (one called form the other). When I click in end user cpanel (x theme) "Mail", I get the normal list with "ASSP X Spam & Virus Shield" at the bottom, but then clicking that just gives me a list of files in "/frontend/x/asspx/"

boeki

Jan 30, 2004
what i meant was that affter the forced update, i didn't bother clicking on "Install Cpanel Interface" anymore as i saw during the forced update that the update already installed the correct symlinks.

ispro

Verifed Vendor
Apr 8, 2004
Please, Help In Install.

I Install In My Server And Emails Not Work,

I Removed And Emails Goback Work.

Somebody Can Help Me To Install?
ASSP X is so easy to install... However if you unsure how to install it properly you may pay for installation. Just $10 per server. Contact me via PM.

I'd think they are the same script (one called form the other). When I click in end user cpanel (x theme) "Mail", I get the normal list with "ASSP X Spam & Virus Shield" at the bottom, but then clicking that just gives me a list of files in "/frontend/x/asspx/"
Mat-d-rat, have you forced an upgrade to 1.2.3? You shouldn't be able to view contents of asspx directory as it contains index.php file which will be shown instead. I assume you still run old 1.2.3. To prevent confusions I will release 1.2.4 shortly.

Mat-d-rat

Jul 30, 2003
Mat-d-rat, have you forced an upgrade to 1.2.3? You shouldn't be able to view contents of asspx directory as it contains index.php file which will be shown instead. I assume you still run old 1.2.3. To prevent confusions I will release 1.2.4 shortly.

Well I click "force update" and get...

Sylinks are :-
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/mail/email.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/asspcpanel/x/mail/email.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x2/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xmail/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xmail/index.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xmail/index.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_autoresponders.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_autoresponders.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_boxtrapper.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_boxtrapper.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_defaultaddress.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_defaultaddress.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_domainforward.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_domainforward.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_forwarders.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_forwarders.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_mailinglists.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_mailinglists.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_mx.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_mx.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_pop.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_pop.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/xcontroller/menu/mail_spamfilters.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/xcontroller/menu/mail_spamfilters.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvorange/rvskin/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvorange/rvskin/mailmenu.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvorange/rvskin/mailmenu.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvorange/mailhome.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvorange/mailhome.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue/rvskin/asspx' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue/rvskin/mailmenu.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvlightblue/rvskin/mailmenu.html'
create symbolic link `/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/rvlightblue/mailhome.html' to `/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/asspx/rvlightblue/mailhome.html'

Then I go into my cpanel (X theme) click mail, see "Assp X" link which takes me to /frontend/x/asspx/ which then just shows a list of the following files :
cronjob
asspscripts
INSTALL.txt
CHANGELOG.txt
rules
TODO.txt
install.sh
asspxversion.txt
patches
asspcfg
addon_asspx.cgi
ASSPX.pm
init.d
asspcpanel
LICENSE.TXT

And at the bottom of the screen it says ASSP X: 1.2.3 (before and after)

jandafields

May 6, 2004
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
crontab calls for rebuildspamdb.pl in the assp folder, but rebuildspamdb.pl is actually in the assp/scripts folder, so it doesnt run.

Last edited:

ispro

Verifed Vendor
Apr 8, 2004
crontab calls for rebuildspamdb.pl in the assp folder, but rebuildspamdb.pl is actually in the assp/scripts folder, so it doesnt run.
It is the part of crontab:
Code:
0 5 * * * root cd /usr/local/assp;/usr/local/assp/scripts/rebuildspamdb.pl
So it works. Check that you have proper cronjob.

ispro

Verifed Vendor
Apr 8, 2004
Mat-d-rat, from the quote you has given to me it is clear you are using old 1.2.3.

Regarding your responses - you are free to use anything you wish and like.

While others enjoying of ASSP X you stick to 'deluxe' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.