Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FREE ASSP X (ASSP eXtended - WHM addon with cPanel interface)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ispro, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethix

ethix Well-Known Member

Ok, Thank you :)

2. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member Verifed Vendor

Updated ASSP X to 2.2.2 version to include the fix of local emails generation script as well as few small typos.

New ASSP daemon version is work in progress. Enjoy!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. m0rpheu5

m0rpheu5 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I´m using the ASSP X 2.2.2, it really works, but i don´t know why sometimes it loose the configuration that i set on them, like whitelisted IP´s, whitelisted domains, Penaltybox Score, and Size of Header Messages, i would like to know what have i do to fix this? i done this changes from ASSP Web Interface, and then i click on Apply Changes, have i do anything else??

Another Doubt that i have is, many email that i receive (SPAM and Not Spam) on the mail properties i saw "X-Assp-Message/IP-Score: 18.5" but if i change the Penalty Box to block everything more then Score 18, i stop to receive many emails that was not spam, how can i do with that?

Thanks

4. ispro

1) It is not so clear (argh, lack of documentation!), but for such changes you need to use ASSP X override ability. E.g. create directory (if not exists) /etc/asspx/files.append/ and /etc/asspx/rules.append/ and place there necessary ADDITIONS for respective files in /usr/local/assp/files/ and /usr/local/assp/rules/
    If you need to have completely fresh file, use directories /etc/asspx/files/ and /etc/asspx/rules/
    What about assp.cfg overrides, use file /etc/asspx/assp.cfg (it should already have some basic overrides like hashed password, etc.). When you place variable there it will be used instead of default.

To apply changes run once /usr/local/assp/scripts/asspxpatch

2) You just have set it too low. Even not spam message may receive some scoring, it is the way scoring works and that's why there are thresholds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. m0rpheu5

m0rpheu5 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello guys, i´m getting another problem with some sites that send emails to my clients, i create a test account, and looking into the Mail Log, i get many invalid address rejected or user unknow for valid users, follow a test that i use the WeTransfer, a site that sent big files to email, many clients use it.

Nov-23-12 14:58:12 89891-04110 [InvalidAddress] 216.146.32.156 <bounces+teste=mydomain.com.br@dynect-
    mailer.net> invalid address rejected: teste@mydomain.com.br
    Nov-23-12 14:58:12 89891-04110 216.146.32.156 <bounces+teste=mydomain.com.br@dynect-mailer.net>
    PB-Message-Score is 25, added 25 (invalid address teste@mydomain.com.br)
    Nov-23-12 14:58:12 89891-04110 216.146.32.156 <bounces+teste=mydomain.com.br@dynect-mailer.net>
    [SMTP Error] 550 5.1.1 User unknown: teste@mydomain.com.br

What could be?
    Thanks

6. ispro

It could be a bug but it may also be the delay between localemails file generation.

If you are still having an error you may contact us via PM/email to investigate it for you (free).

7. besik

besik Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mailman stoped delivering messages!

Hi,

I've server with around 200 clients and some of them are using Mailman mailing list included in cPanel.
    I have installed ASSP X anti spam software, but as many clients did complain, I removed it and reactivated spam assassin and box trapper again. (followed your uninstall instruction).
    Mails appear started working, but mailing lists have trouble. sending test email to mail list address gives reply to approve sending, etc, but at the end messages are not being delivered.

Sample log from mailman smtp-failure:

-----
    Dec 04 23:37:17 2013 (4310) All recipients refused: {'root@domain.com': (550, 'Verification failed for <mailman-loop@domain.com>\nUnrouteable address\nSender verify failed')}, msgid: <E1VoM0K-0003JJ-2r@domain.com>
    Dec 04 23:37:17 2013 (4310) delivery to root@domain.com failed with code 550: Verification failed for <mailman-loop@domain.com>
    Unrouteable address
    Sender verify failed

-----

Everything was working fine before ASSPX installation..

Hope for your help.

Thanks a lot

8. ispro

We have responded via email to you earlier. Despite of that you decided to post on the forums.

The problem you have is not ASSP X related.

9. Ro9ueScholar

Ro9ueScholar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I see this thread hasn't been updated in a while. Is ASSP still a recommended solution for 2014?

10. ispro

We plan to switch to ASSP v2 because v1 announced to reach its EOL in 2015.
    Anyway, ASSP and ASSP X is still good choice. We are using ASSP X on all our servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.