Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FREE ASSP X (ASSP eXtended - WHM addon with cPanel interface)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ispro, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member Verifed Vendor

What do you mean exactly? Sincerely, not understood your request at all :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ispro

Do you run Mailman for mail lists? ASSP X 1.2.6 change Mailman config to allow mails to be sent directly to Exim skipping ASSP. You may be required to RESTART Mailman via "service cpanel restart".

After this it should work.

Please, report if you found any problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ispro

1) If you change ASSP settings via ASSP X they will be applied automatically as we reload ASSP. If you change settings via ASSP Web Interface it is highly recommended to move them (after testing) to assp.cfg.override file which consists changed values compared to default ASSP X assp.cfg file.

2) There is no harm in pressing this button. It is only visible at WHM. We may consider to re-organize ASSP X look to make it more clean.

3) The same response. If you not change anything to Exim config you may press this button with no worries. Otherwise just never touch it :)

4) So you mean if you have already disabled filters (e.g. added all domains to spam_lover lists) you not wish to add newer domains to spam_lover lists and disable those who re-enabled filters? It is nice feature request and we will consider adding additional confirmation on such important options.

4. ispro

1) From what you have said it is clear (for me) that you have pressed "Disable ASSP filters for all domains" button, don't you?

2) If you would take a look at sources you notice that we do not clean spam_lover files at all, just "touch" them, e.g. either create empty file(s) or modify access time with no contents modification.

3) If admin DISABLE Bayesian filter, for example, it WON'T be shown on cPanel ASSP X page! However if filter put into TEST mode it will be visible on cPanel page because either process emails through filters or not it is customer's decision (unless filter is enabled itself). So, please, re-check. Perhaps you have custom configuration which is different from ASSP X layout?

5. ispro

Correction: Disabled filters still were shown at ALL filters page. It is fixed and will be in next release.

6. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've been using this program, and it works great, except I have started to receive spam that seems like it is not being processed at all...

In the headers, it has:
    X-Spam: Not Detected

I think the spammers are adding this header to trick ASSP into thinking it is not spam.

Anyone seen this yet???

-j

7. ispro

From what I know this header is added by some paid antispam system called Kaspersky Anti-spam. It should not trick ASSP at all. However if you wish, I may check on your system the logs, the headers (you need to send them to me) and your assp.cfg. It will be confidential. Contact via PM.

8. screege

screege Well-Known Member

ASSPX vs MAILSCANNER

I am currently using configservers mailscanner addon how does asspx compares to mailscanner?

Will it run ok with a P D 3.0 GHZ 1 gb ram? Mailscanner actually process about 10k mails a day

Thanks

#108 screege, Apr 6, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  9. ispro

ASSP should be faster than Mailscanner. It has been done for many times.
    But each case should be considered individually and you may wish to test how it works for you.

10. ispro

ASSP X 1.2.7 released.

ASSP X 1.2.7 released. It is mainly bug fixes release. Use Subject as Maillog Names change is important enough. ASSP doesn't count spam/notspam collections properly when subjects instead numbers are used. This may cause slowdown and that's why it changed.

• BUG: ASSP X cPanel interface don't show disabled filters at All Filters page now.
    • BUG: When secondary port set, ASSP restart not reload to actually listen on that port. This fix is for just some systems.
    • ENHANCEMENT: OrderedTieHashSize (Amount of memory to consume) option changed to 100000 (from 500000) as default.
    • ENHANCEMENT: UseSubjectsAsMaillogNames (Use Subject as Maillog Names) option changed to '' (from 1) as default. Execute /usr/local/assp/scripts/move2num.pl -r to rename your spam/notspam collections.
    • BUG: Fixed script to automatically upgrade ASSP.

#110 ispro, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  11. screege

Installed it today but there is no whm link, (i uninstalled it yesterday and there was a whm link)

Can anyone help me?

12. screege

Ok great script got it working no resource hog or whatever one thing how can I blacklist or whitelist domains or ips in the rbl? Also when doing dnsreports a report of my server it tells me my server is open to open relay? How can this be fixed?

Thanks a lot

#112 screege, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  13. ispro

You definitely need to reload WHM - it SHOULD be there, at least if you have actually installed it. Try to follow installation from the beginning.

14. screege

Is this norma smtp connections for 3 days?

SMTP Connections Received: 188 68807
    SMTP Connections Accepted: 188 68279
    SMTP Connections Rejected: 0 528

15. ispro

Absolutely OK. For example stats from one of our servers:

ASSP Proxy Uptime: 2.148 days 11.841 days
    Messages Processed: 1099 (511.6 per day) 16859 (1423.7 per day)
    Non-Local Mail Blocked: 87.9% 86.4%
    CPU Usage: 0.12% (0.54% avg) 2.33% avg
    Concurrent SMTP Sessions: 0 (12 max) 24 max

SMTP Connections Received: 18625 93278
    SMTP Connections Accepted: 18620 89960
    SMTP Connections Rejected: 5 3318
    Envelope Recipients Processed: 14838 73891
    Envelope Recipients Accepted: 651 11671
    Envelope Recipients Rejected: 14187 62220
    Messages Processed: 1099 16859
    Messages Passed: 212 3281
    Messages Rejected: 887 13578

As you may see there are much more SMTP connections than processed messages. It is because most of them are spam and they were rejected later.

16. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

I just installed it on my server.

After all installation finish, i go to SultanServer.com ASSP X and found ASSP web interface. Click it and it's need of username and password.

What is the default of username and password for this ?

17. ispro

Default username is "admin" (with no quotes).
    What to the password set it in the ASSP X (you always need to change password after first install to make sure it is not default!).

I have added a note at next ASSP X release.

18. ispro

ASSP X 1.2.8 released.

ASSP X 1.2.8 released.

It is minor release with few changes only. Still recommended to upgrade as usual.

• BUG: Local domains cPanel generation (asspmailperm) change permissions properly.
    • ENHANCEMENT: Added Net::Syslog perl module install/update.
    • ENHANCEMENT: maxSMTPSessions (SMTP Sessions number) option changed to 100 (from 50) as default.
    • ENHANCEMENT: MaxErrors (SMTP Errors number) option changed to 3 (from 10) as default.

19. TDD

TDD Active Member

Is there any way to use TLS or SSL SMTP connections with ASSP ?

Thanks

20. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Keep up the good work ispro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.