The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free cPanel skins

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by revoshift, Aug 15, 2003.

1. revoshift

revoshift Well-Known Member

Hi, I am thinking of making all my skins avaliable on a sort of donationware license, where there is a small banner on the skin in the footer which if you make a donation is removed, i am currently working on streamlining hosttrans and all my skins would be included in this offer.

Jonathan
    cpanel-depot.com

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. xion

xion Active Member

Great! I love redtrans. I was actually planning on buying it, but you aren't taking orders right now. Hopefully this will work out to be a great distrobution model. Is the donation going to be the same price as a license now. And does the donation cover just 1 server or multiple?

3. revoshift

Ok, i was in a rush last night as i my internet has been having problems.
    Donations of over $25 will get the full skin, as this is a donation though we would be pleased for more, just donate what you think the skin is worth. This would only be for one server, a 10 server license will require a $100 donation, the money will then be invested back into development of future skins.
    If you want to get the full versions now at these prices email me at jon@rawserve.com and i will sort you out.
    I am currently looking for advertisers for the free version, if you want to advertise in the free version email me and i will give you a quote.
    As always you can sign up for a 1 server new skins license for only $200 which allows you to get all the skins made for a year after purchase for free, including all updates. But this is only avaliable by request at the moment.
    Also HostTrans will now have a button in it on the main page for you to access a streamlined version, this will also be able as the primary and have the full as the secondary.

Jonathan

#3 revoshift, Aug 16, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  4. revoshift

Here is a screenshot of the streamlined version of HostTrans. I am also looking for someone to help me to keep these skins updated, i am offering one person who is willing to help keep it updated 25% of all donations made to cPanel Depot. They must have enough free time to keep them up to date and must have experience. Contact me by MSN or email, all other ways will be ignored, (as i dont check my PM's regularly)

Jonathan

Attached Files:

#4 revoshift, Aug 16, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  5. pirania1

pirania1 Well-Known Member

Please change topic of your posts.
    Apparently the "free" skins are not your priority.
    And using term "donation" as in opposite to "pay" is not sufficient enough to consider those skins as free.
    Just my 2c

6. xion

xion Active Member

:confused: Yes it is. He said you will be able to download it free. But the free version will have a banner. If you donate money, the banner will be removed:

7. pirania1

I think you are abusing the words "free" and "donation".

Donation that is enforced is not a donation anymore - it's price to pay, and whatever you say it's not gonna change that fact.
    Also - please be reasonable - which webhost will really use your so called "free" skins that are advertising other webhosting companies?
    Please think again about meaning of word "free".
    That's all I ask.

IF you want to make money out of this - don't call them free.

8. RawServe-saleem

Okay lets be fair now :D
    Any webhosting companies would not use a free skin with adverts on. Webhosts are being in no way forced to use these skins.

In short the skins are free.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=free
    "7. a. Costing nothing; gratuitous"

These skins would be ideal for somebody using cpanel for themselves who don't mind having a couple of adverts on it.

As for the word donation, you are not being forced to donate at all. As I have said before, I am sure many people would be happy to have the skins with a few adverts on.

If you are so offended by this thread I strongly advise you not to read it.

Thanks,

Saleem
    RawServe

9. revoshift

Ok, i have a demo of the skin online at:
    http://freetran:demo@freetrans.cpanel-depot.com:2082
    this demo shows how i allow people to switch between normal mode and streamlined mode.
    Currently there is a temporary banner there showing where the adverts will go, so that any potential advertisers know where adverts are shown

Jonathan

10. pirania1

11. Gammasoft

Gammasoft Member

Surely I could just download your skin, with the banner, edit the skin so there is no banners, and then get everything free (I won't though, as I have my own custom-written skin)??? Seems a little silly to me.