Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Free hostname certs are not allowed by this partner error

Discussion in 'Security' started by mvandemar, Nov 9, 2018.

1. mvandemar

mvandemar Well-Known Member

Any idea what's going on here, or how to resolve it? I am attempting to have the system replace the self signed certificate with a cpanel one, but am getting the following error:

Code:
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts
    The system will check for the certificate for the “cpanel” service.
    The system will attempt to replace the self-signed certificate for the “cpanel” service with a signed certificate from the cPanel Store.
    The system will attempt to install a certificate for the “cpanel” service from the system ssl storage.
    None of the certificates in the system ssl storage were acceptable to use for the “cpanel” service.
    The system will attempt to install a certificate for the “cpanel” service from the cPanel store.
    Received error “X::NoCertificate” from cPanel Store; requesting new certificate …
    [WARN] The system failed to acquire a signed certificate from the cPanel Store because of the following error: (XID q86hyk) The cPanel Store returned an error (X::PermissionDenied) in response to the request “POST ssl/certificate/whm-license”: Free hostname certs are not allowed by this partner
    The AutoSSL function is running fine for each of the cpanels I create, I just can't seem to get one generated for the hostname.

-Michael

2. mvandemar

mvandemar Well-Known Member

I found someone (exactly 1 thread, which seems really low if this actually is a normal problem) who had the same problem 2 years ago, and @cPanelMichael suggested this:

I actually thought of adding the subdomain that matches the hostname to try and trigger the AutoSSL, but I get this error:

Is that still a viable solution, and if so is there a way around this? The VPS is purchased through a GoDaddy reseller, so I would think if there were an issue with this there would be more people asking about it, it definitely seems like a glitch to me.

-Michael

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @mvandemar

The information you linked is related to disabling the hostname certificate, this is a different issue than what you're encountering. This is due to your provider disabling the ability to provision free hostname certificates. GoDaddy disables the Free Hostname Certificates and Purchase certificates features, to resolve this you'll need to contact them for further assistance.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...