The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Free trial license active but asks activation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryancs, May 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bryancs

bryancs Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,

So we're planning on moving our dedicated server from a hosting company to AWS.
    What we did was install cPanel/WHM into a CentOS instance last Friday which went well.
    We did a couple of changes such as adding 2 more EIPs (aside from the first EIP used during installtion of cPanel/WHM) because some domains need SSL.
    Today, we tried accessing the WHM but after logging in, we are shown with the Invalid License File error page. I tried verifying the first public IP (EIP) at verify.cpanel.net and it says license is active with 15-DAY-TEST under package. Can someone help us figure out what's wrong with this? probably some config change?

2. bryancs

bryancs Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was able to make it work again by running `/usr/local/cpanel/bin/set_hostname newhostname`. It appears that the hostname returned to it's original after the EC2 was rebooted.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.