The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeBSD 7.4 p2 .. lots of problems at Cpanel Installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IPSecureNetwork, Jul 28, 2011.

1. IPSecureNetwork

IPSecureNetwork Well-Known Member

Hi,

im having a few issues when i try to install Cpanel on FreeBSD 7.4 -p2 .

I dont know why the mysql and apache fails on installation.

Any idea how to fix this?

its a fresh installation.

here is the error_log :

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There are several problems related to installs on FreeBSD that we are trying to track down. Some of these problems will cause a cascade of failures, as documented in your error log.

For now, I believe that if you install Perl Expect before installing cPanel, one of the more critical problems will be avoided.

3. IPSecureNetwork

Thanks i will try ..

4. IPSecureNetwork

Code:
    Hi kenneth  .. the expect seems to be already installed on the Freebsd box.
    after complete the cpanel installation... im getting the mysql problem ... is not installing  ( and apache dont installing too ).

Checking C compiler....C compiler (/usr/bin/cc) OK (cached Thu Jul 28 01:13:47 2011)....Done
    Method: Using Perl Expect, Installer: cpanm
    You have make /usr/bin/make
    Falling back to HTTP::Tiny 0.009
    You have /bin/tar: bsdtar 2.5.5 - libarchive 2.5.5
    You have /usr/local/bin/unzip
    You have Cpanel::HttpRequest 2.1
    Testing connection speed...(using fast method)...Done
    Ping:2 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirror.sit.wisc.edu using pureperl...(67600.00 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:1 (ticks) Testing connection speed to www.stathy.com using pureperl...(38680.70 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:1 (ticks) Testing connection speed to cpan.mirrors.tds.net using pureperl...(34638.60 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:1 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors.zerg.biz using pureperl...(33628.07 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to mirrors.servercentral.net using pureperl...(56100.00 bytes/s)...Done
    Five usable mirrors located
    Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to 67.159.2.2 using pureperl...(57900.00 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to 209.188.92.54 using pureperl...(32505.26 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to 74.200.212.130 using pureperl...(57900.00 bytes/s)...Done
    Three usable fallback mirrors located
    Mirror Check passed for mirror.sit.wisc.edu (/index.html)
    Searching on cpanmetadb ...
    Fetching http://cpanmetadb.cpanel.net/v1.0/package/Expect?cpanel_version=11.30.1.4&cpanel_tier=stable (connected:0).......(request attempt 1/12)...Using dns cache file /root/.HttpRequest/cpanmetadb.cpanel.net......searching for mirrors (mirror search attempt 1/3)......5 usable mirrors located. (less then expected)......mirror search success......connecting to 69.90.251.162...@69.90.251.162......connected......receiving...100%......request success......Done
    Searching Expect on cpanmetadb (http://cpanmetadb.cpanel.net/v1.0/package/Expect?cpanel_version=11.30.1.4&cpanel_tier=stable) ...
    Fetching http://cpanmetadb.cpanel.net/v1.0/package/Expect?cpanel_version=11.30.1.4&cpanel_tier=stable (connected:1).......(request attempt 1/12)...@69.90.251.162......connected......receiving...100%......request success......Done
    Source: fastest CPAN mirror ... Expect is up to date. (1.21)

The mysql error when i give mysqlup --force

Code:
    exceptions -fno-implicit-templates -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DMYSQLD_NET_RETRY_COUNT=1000000 -o mysql_client_test_embedded mysql_client_test.o -pthread -pthread ../libmysqld.a -lcrypt -lm -lwrap -lcrypt -lm -lz -pthread
    Making all in support-files
    cd: can't cd to support-files
    *** Error code 1
    1 error
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql51-server.
    ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade20110728-57005-ez1bqk-0 env make FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-q
    ** Fix the problem and try again.
    ---> Build of databases/mysql51-server ended at: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:51:58 -0500 (consumed 00:12:26)
    ---> Fresh installation of databases/mysql51-server ended at: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:51:58 -0500 (consumed 00:12:28)
    ---> ** Install tasks 1: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
    ---> Listing the results (+:done / -:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
    ! databases/mysql51-server (new compiler error)
    ---> Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
    ---> Session ended at: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:51:58 -0500 (consumed 00:12:29)
    Running post install scripts for mysql-server....Done

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As stated on the other thread where issues with MySQL starting on a fresh install of FreeBSD were noted, if you believe this to be a bug, please open up a ticket using http://go.cpanel.net/bugs or by clicking the "Bugs" link at the top of the forum.

6. IPSecureNetwork

Tristan , this bug was reported..

the only one problem is .. what i must now to have Cpanel installed on that box ? change the branch of FreeBSD to 6.x ? or what is the recomendation.

7. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Bugs are reported via our bug reporting system rather than via the forums. I found no bug report for MySQL not starting or installing for FreeBSD 7.4 in our internal case system. What is the ticket number for the bug report if there is an existing ticket so that I can check on the conclusion?

Without knowing the actual bug report ID or having an actual ticket for the report, I cannot provide a recommendation personally.