The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeBSD and invalid UIDs on ports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beddo, Apr 24, 2010.

1. beddo

beddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi there,

I've been having a little issue for a while and I think I've tracked it down.
    It looks like whenever upcp runs, it decides the ports tree is out of date and then does whatever it does to update the ports tree.

Unfortunately, whatever it does wipes the current ports tree on my system and replaces it all with a tree that has the UID and GID set to 500. 500 does not exist as either a user or group on my system. If I remove the tree entirely and do a cvsup it creates everything as root:wheel

Furthermore, I have a nightly script that runs cvsup to update my ports tree and then email me a list of out of date ports. As the UID/GID are wrong, cvsup doesn't update the ports tree any more.

My system is FreeBSD 7.2 built from updated sources on the 23rd Jan.
    cPanel/WHM is cPanel 11.25.0-R44718 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9

Annoyingly since I updated to this version of WHM I can no longer log into WHM using Opera on an up to date Ubuntu system either. Firefox still works..

Furthermore, in my update preferences I have the following set:

FreeBSD Ports Package Updates - Disable

Yet when I upgraded to the recent version of WHM it went through and upgraded a load of ports at the same time.

I've trawled through and look for any relevant settings but can't find anything. So anyone point me at something on my system I can look at or do I have to look into upcp itself?

#1 beddo, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010