Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FreeBSD + Cpanel 9.9.8-R118

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cilin, Dec 7, 2004.

1. cilin

cilin Registered

Hello. I have a FreeBSD 4.10 box running a clean install of Cpanel 9.9.8-R118 (CURRENT). I'm having a problem with BIND. The problem is that everytime I go to add an entry, dns zone, etc, it says it successfully added it but I check the /var/namedb and nothing exists. So it seems that it's not actually adding zones. I tried fixndc, I checked named.conf, I ran deinstall/reinstall... Nothing seems to fix it. If anyone can help let me know. Thanks!

2. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

Witch version of bind have you running? You can reinstall or upgrade bind. I think that bind is not good installed.

3. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    upgrade to a stable version of C-panel and try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xigon

xigon Registered

You need to go to http://www.perl.org and recieve the latest perl src that is available to the public. The current version would be 5.8.6(Stable). Just do a wget, then untar it and type ./Configure. It will ask you plenty of questions then afterwards. After that, type make then make install.

You can also retrieve Perl from the FreeBSD Ports.

I would also suggest to run /scripts/upcp to make sure that your cPanel is upgraded to the latest Perl modules.

Hope this works.