freebsd + cpanel+ eaccelerator

yonez

Apr 22, 2006
Hi,

Anybody here use cpanel and install eaccelerator? I tried to install it from source but got some poblem.

$PHP_PREFIX/bin/phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version: 20020918
Zend Module Api No: 20020429
Zend Extension Api No: 20050606
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the $PHP_AUTOCONF
environment variable is set correctly and then rerun this script.
I did have autoconf installed under ports collection. I tried to set the PHP_AUTOCONF variable but still same error. Anybody care to shed some light, please?

Thank you.

yonez

Apr 22, 2006
Hi,

Instruction is same as README file. My concern was the autoconf thingy. I bet somebody out there who use cpanel with freebsd and eaccelerator. Googling with no luck. This is the weakness of cpanel under freebsd. I think it should follow the ports collection. A lot easier to maintain from my opinion.

Anybody on freebsd can help me out, please?

Thanks

jackie46

BANNED
Jul 25, 2005
yonez said:
Hi,

Instruction is same as README file. My concern was the autoconf thingy. I bet somebody out there who use cpanel with freebsd and eaccelerator. Googling with no luck. This is the weakness of cpanel under freebsd. I think it should follow the ports collection. A lot easier to maintain from my opinion.

Anybody on freebsd can help me out, please?

Thanks
Well, why dont you post a reqeust for this to happen via Bugzilla instead of wishing for it to happen by magic?

yonez

Apr 22, 2006
problem fixed. This is what I did:

1) install autoconf259
2) create link for autoconf and autoheader since phpize looking for it. (cd /usr/local/bin ; ln -s autoconf259 autoconf ; ln -s autoheader259 autoheader)
3) compile eaccelerator as per README file.

Hope this help somebody out there.

regards,
yonez

jackie46

BANNED
Jul 25, 2005
I was talking about the comment you made.

This is the weakness of cpanel under freebsd. I think it should follow the ports collection. A lot easier to maintain from my opinion.